- Built: 1927
- Lot Size: 1.89 Acres
Grand 1927 Estate with updated home, guest & pool houses on close to two acres!
This tastefully updated gracious English Tudor Revival Period estate is unmatched with its beauty and tranquility. Wrought iron gates open to lead one up an impressive driveway through an arched porte cochere to this striking estate. Custom millwork, intricate architectural detail, Tudor-style archways and leaded and stained-glass windows adorn the structures of this magnificent property. Materials in the home include mahogany from Majorca and stained-glass windows from England.
The original occupant was Academy Award winning actor, Victor McLaglen and his family. They housed a zoo at that time, complete with bears and even a kangaroo. The McLaglens named the estate “Fairhaven”, and its name remains to this day. The main, guest and pool houses are located on a large, expansive lot of approximately two acres.
A variety of lovely mature trees, manicured foliage, expansive grassy areas and two bridges enhance the site. The main home offers gorgeous common rooms ornate with detail, including a formal entry, music room, formal living room, formal dining room, library and kitchen with adjacent butler’s pantry. Three bedrooms en suite, including the master suite, are spacious, full of light and offer views of the park-like grounds. There is a beautifully finished basement complete with two gyms, office, bath, laundry area and temperature controlled wine cellar.
The guest house is connected to the main home by the ornate porte cochere and offers its own entry, hardwood floors, living room with fireplace, dining room, full kitchen with granite counter tops, two bedrooms and two baths. The spacious pool and spa area offers room for sunning, large dining area with a shaded Wisteria covered trellis, and pool house with two baths. There is also an enclosed covered garden with many amazing features for those who love to plant. A four-car garage and ample additional parking exist on site. Other features include hand painted walls, padded fabric walls, elaborate graduated crown moldings, high ceilings, custom fabrics, original mahogany wood floors, decorative wood door frames, ornamental ceilings, distinctive lighting fixtures, updated electrical and plumbing, and an abundance of storage.
Back to All Listings
- Updated main home: 5,023 sq. ft.
- Lower level: 1,339 sq. ft.
- Guest house: 2,032 sq. ft.
- Pool house: 530 sq. ft.
- Magnificent lot with mature landscaping – 1.89 acres per A.L.T.A. Survey
- Dramatic and fully electrified gated entrance with curving driveway to this sprawling estate sitting above street level. Park-like grounds include camellia garden, old-growth specimen trees and several outdoor art installations
- Impressive arched porte cochere
- Gracious entry with lots of light, decorative tile flooring
- Music room adjacent to the entry with stained glass windows and padded fabric walls
- Main staircase with mahogany paneling and carved detail
- Living room showcases original Batchelder tiled fireplace, and rotunda seating area with views of the grounds
- Formal dining room is spacious with sitting area and fireplace, and two entry points from the Butler’s Pantry
- Library has a wall of built-in bookcases, Batchelder tiled fireplace, and in-ceiling speaker system
- Butler’s pantry includes storage for china and crystal, wine refrigerator, granite counter tops and desk area
- Kitchen has a beamed ceiling, center island with additional sink and breakfast bar, Wolf and Sub Zero appliances and pantry
- Breakfast room is open to the kitchen
- Charming powder bath
- Master suite includes double door entry to a sitting area with built-in bookcases, views of the stunning front grounds, coved ceilings, large bathroom with substantial closet space, window seat, two separate sink areas, vanity, limestone walls and flooring
- Two additional bedrooms en suite include walk-in closets, built-in bookcases, desks, and baths adorned with marble
- Lower level is finished and includes an office, two gym areas, bathroom, ornate arched ceiling treatment, laundry area with storage and folding counters and temperature controlled wine cellar
- 4-car garage with work shop area and additional parking on site
- Central air conditioning and forced air heating – 3 separate zones
- Guest house includes its own entry, hardwood flooring, living room with fireplace, dining room, full kitchen with granite counters, two bedrooms and two 3/4 baths
- Pool house has washer and dryer hookups, two 3/4 baths, sky lights, sink and storage
- Pool and spa offer sunning areas, room for dining with built-in benches and shaded Wisteria covered trellis
- Wonderful enclosed kitchen garden with compost area, benches, automatic irrigation system and a greenhouse
- Separate gated yard for pets
- Previous horse barn is now a great storage facility
- Sewer – connected and paid
- Other features include hand painted walls, padded fabric walls, elaborate graduated crown moldings, high ceilings, custom fabrics, original mahogany wood floors, decorative wood door frames, ornamental ceilings, distinctive lighting fixtures, updated electrical and plumbing, and an abundance of storage